Say Hello to my new favorite shorts. I'm happy to have found shorts especially since I don't own that many shorts besides my usual denim cut-offs, which I think is a bit ironic as I love wearing short stuff.
On another note, thank you for the kind words and warm thoughts via email, comments, and twitter regarding Charcoal.
Charcoal is doing much better. He started eating today and is almost back to his normal self.
I just updated my Blog Shop at Shop Song of Style. For those who follow my twitter, Charcoal has been sick and we took him to the Vet yesterday and the vet bill was ALOT. I was super shocked when I heard the numbers. It's more than some people's monthly rent. Therefore, all of my proceeds are going to his Vet Bill and also to STARS, a no-kill animal shelter organization. I'm selling a bunch of shoes (Balenciagas, Pour la Victoire, etc) and lots of cute clothes! So SHOP SONG OF STYLE!
(Gifted Leyendecker Lace Tank, Society for Rational Dress Brown Leather Skirt, Kelsi Dagger Open Toe Zipper Boots, Vintage Leather Shorts, Rings on index fingers courtesy of Charlotte Russe)
Gilt.com always has crazy deals and I don't know how they do it. Yesterday, they had crazy deals on Alexander Wang and today they have crazy deals on Leyendecker (the slashed shirts they have are simply amazing) Here is an invitation code for you guys http://www.gilt.com/invite/songofstyle
(Lace Top courtesy of Charlotte Russe, Hollister Capri Pants that I rolled up, Thrifted Belt, Zara Ankle Strap Peep Toe Clogs, Boyfriend's Black Fedora)
I wore this to work today with a blazer and a leather jacket to keep me warm from the super windy San Francisco weather and still froze to death. I was planning on taking pictures of clothes to sell on my shop blog but I worked so hard today I think I'm going to chillax for the rest of the night with my Wesley Mason and Charcoal. Good Night everyone and hope you're enjoying your summer! Oh, I wish I was at a warm beach right now
(Floppy Straw Hat from a store in Melrose, Floral Dress courtesy of Charlotte Russe, Jeffrey Campbell Franklin Cork Sandals, gifted Chip Chop Tote)
Spent the Sunday at the park with my two favorite living beings, Wesley Mason and Charcoal.
However, after seeing Charcoal being humped and attacked by 3 larger dogs and my unsuccessful attempt to stop an Australian Shepard eat all of my chips, we decided to picnic at a more deserted and less windy area.
Btw, big thanks to Charlotte Russe for flying me out to New York last week. I participated in a styling event and although I was in New York for a very very short period, I still had fun playing, eating, and drinking with my lovely LA Bloggers.
I've been back in San Francisco for a couple days now but wearing this maxi dress makes me feel like I'm on vacation and puts me in a good mood. After being in warm climates I seriously want to move either back to LA or somewhere that actually has summer. On another note, I've been given the honor of being featured in Elle Girl Korea and being on the cover of My Lookbook. Thank you for the features and thank you guys for visiting my blog and for your kind words. I really truly appreciate it!
(1. Elle Girl Korea, 2. My Lookbook)
Here is the English Translation for the Elle Girl Korea
1. Please Introduce Yourself Briefly. My name is Aimee Jenny Song and I was born and raised in Sunny Los Angeles. I am an Interior Architecture Student at an Art University in San Francisco and work as an intern at an Architecture firm.
2. How did you start your blog?
I've always enjoyed taking pictures of myself and my friends and also have always stored lots of fashion related inspiration photos I found on the web. Before I had a blog, I'd just post those pictures on facebook and share them with my friends but once I discovered fashion blogs and personal blogs, I decided to share them with the rest of the world who have similar interest and also because I didn't want to forget anything when I become an old lady.
3. Fashion Icon? I adore Chloe Sevigy's style mainly because her style is a mix of designer and vintage finds and is able to mix and match and make any style into her own.
4.Style You Enjoy and Summer Trend You Recommend? I tend to buy a lot of shirts/ tops that are big and wear them as dresses and I love layering shirts over dresses. This summer, I'm all about crochet, lace, destroyed/torn shorts and maybe adding some neon colors like we've seen in the Valentino Haute Couture runway.
5. Favorite Clothing Stores You Shop at? Urban Outfitters, Zara, Forever 21(online only since the store is always super packed), and Ebay for vintage clothes.
6. Any Hobbies?
Not sure if it can be considered as a hobby but one thing I enjoy the most is spending time with my dog Charcoal. I hardly ever go out because I'd rather spend time with my dog and my boyfriend.
7. What's in Your Bag?
I always have aquaphor lotion and a moisturizing lipstick because one thing i can't stand is dry skin and chapped lips.
8. Favorite Websites? Although I have a fashion blog site, I don't really follow a lot of fashion blogs because sometimes it can be overwhelming. However, I read a lot of architecture and art related websites such as www.coolhunting.com and I enjoy reading www.pinkisthenewblog.com for celebrity gossip.
9. Where do you get your fashion inspiration from? I can always find a great outfit idea by watching Sex and the City. I sometimes get inspired by just looking at a pretty art, or listening to great music. It puts me in a certain mood that wants me to dress in a certain way.
10. Who takes your blog pictures? My boyfriend takes most of the pictures.
11. Most favorite recent purchase? I think it's got to be my aztec print Marc by Marc Jacobs pouch I got. It's really small yet stores all my necessities. I've been carrying it around everyday.
12. What are your future plans? (Regarding your blog or studies)
I'd like to hurry up and finish school and start designing beautiful and inspiring spaces for people.
13. Anything you'd like to say to Elle Girl Korea readers? It is such an honor to be featured in Elle Girl Korea and I really can't wait to visit Korea again.